Saturday, December 5, 2009

Imaginary City


In my mind there is an imaginary San Diego or some other city, where people care about respecting themselves and each other. In this dream city, men and women care enough about respecting life to SPEAK EACH OTHERS' LANGUAGE.

In my imaginary city, people don't lead each other on with HALF TRUTHS and CONCEALING THEIR REAL INTENTIONS. People just say what their agenda is, in the nicest way possible.

In this land of make believe in my head, people are more concerned about making an effort to change the world than they are concerned about the mall, ALCOHOL, television, and video games.

In the city in my mind, people just automatically know that alcohol is THE GOVERNMENT'S FAVORITE WAY TO MAKE US WEAKLINGS, and they naturally use alcohol in stern moderation. These imaginary people also know they can have fun without drinking alcohol.

In this imaginary city, everyone is NATURALLY OFFENDED by new plastic, and burning oil, and everyone tries to keep these to a minimum.

These imaginary people all feel like they have a purpose, because they feel connected to each other. So it's just natural for them to find their place, and be fulfilled.

Sometimes, I feel so sad about the shallowness and selfishness of people in this world, that I wish I could go to the imaginary one.

I would want to come back, to bring some friends along... but then again, I know there would be no coming back...

No comments:

Post a Comment